It’s a rainy, damp, and very unmotivated Tuesday morning here at the futuredocgirl household. The boy and I spent every waking hour from Friday – Sunday moving our lives into a brand spanking new apartment, which is absolutely lovely and cozy and perfect.
But I’m exhausted. It’s like we didn’t have a weekend at all.
Which has been a big no no for me in grad school. When I don’t get “breaks”, I get cranky.
Which brings me to today’s morning confessional…
1. So I called out of work today. I’m not actually sick, so I feel like I’m tempting the fates. But with a school to-do list a mile long and very literal exhaustion, I felt like a mental health day was more than in order.
2. It was also because my running has been slacking and I really, really want to run.
3. I have the exact same morning routine every single weekday. I roll out of bed 5-10 minutes after my alarm, put on cozy socks and my robe, turn on every single light in the living room/kitchen, make a GIGANTIC mug of hot tea and some sort of Greek yogurt concoction (my new favorite: Sunflower seed butter from Trader Joe’s. Holy yum sauce, batman), and then either make my lunch/dinner for the day or lounge aimlessly on the couch until it’s time to get ready.
4. I love the rain, until it’s time to go out in it. Then I hate the rain.
5. Not so much a confession but: I ran 3.15 miles yesterday. Even though I was exhausted and didn’t get home until 7:30 pm. Win. Signing up for a gym was quite possibly the best decision I’ve made in the past month.
Do you have a morning routine?
What’s your confession?!